- What is Amazon
- Dropshipping from Amazon special & unique things
- Policies & Recommendations
- How to find products to dropship from Amazon?
- Customer support explanation
- Supplier Payment methods
- Dropshipping from Amazon using AutoDS
- AutoDS Finder
- AutoDS Helper
What is Amazon
Amazon is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in Bellevue, Washington, in July 1994. Back then, Amazon was only an online bookstore. Later on, Amazon started selling anything that you can think of, from clothes, health & household products, personal care products, baby toys, and diaper, automotive and car accessories, replacements parts, tools. Amazon replaced the traditional stores.
When Amazon Prime got introduced in 2005, it rocked the online retail world and changed it forever. Now, over 100 million+ members are using Amazon Prime.
By 2015, Amazon even surpassed retail giant Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States.
Amazon offers a service called (FBA) or Fulfilled By Amazon. Amazon FBA allows sellers to house their products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, where Amazon takes complete responsibility for storing, picking, packing, shipping, and above all, provides the customer service for these products.
Amazon has more than 175 fulfillment centers across the globe. Many of which are in the US and UK. Having more than 110 in North America alone and more than 40 fulfillment centers across Europe.
Can you believe that the total space of the Amazon fulfillment centers is more than 150 million square feet? That’s crazy!
Dropshipping from Amazon Pros & Cons
- 2-Day Free Shipping even on cheap items under $10.00.
- (using the Amazon Prime membership)
- Some products have the option for 1-Day or Same-Day delivery.
- Based on the product and delivery address.
- Millions of products with Free Prime Shipping.
- More products = potentially less competition
- Extended holiday returns
- Easy to reach customer service by phone or chat
- Superfast responses 24/7 whenever you need them
- Discounted Gift Cards available
- Amazon has multiple marketplaces. Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, also Amazon IT, and more.
- Amazon closes purchase accounts regularly
- Amazon Prime cost $119 per year or $12.99 per month
- Amazon Logistics Tracking Numbers or TBA (For some orders)
- BCE or Bluecare Express does solve this issue
Dropshipping from Amazon special & unique things
- Benefits include FREE and fast shipping for eligible purchases, streaming services, exclusive shopping deals, unlimited ebook reading, and more.
- Costs $119 per year or $12.99 per month
- College students get 50% off the cost of prime & 6 months for free.
A full explanation of Prime benefits
- Free for Prime members
- Orders delivered together on the day you choose
How to become an Amazon Dropshipper?
First, you need to choose the marketplace that you want to use. For example, if you are dropshipping on eBay UK, you should choose Amazon UK.
In this article, we are going to use Amazon.com (US), but the same applies to any other Amazon marketplace.
To get started, you need to go to Amazon’s homepage and hover on “Hello, Sign in” from the top bar, then click “Start here”.
Then you need to fill out your name, email, password and click “Create your Amazon Account”
Once you create your Amazon account and you have signed in, you will need to sign up for your Prime Membership.
To sign up for Amazon Prime, you need to click on “Try Prime” under the Amazon logo.
Here you can choose the regular Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Student if you are eligible.
Policies & Recommendations
In most cases, Items shipped through Amazon Prime services must get returned within 30 days of receipt.
However, some products have different policies or requirements associated with their returns. For more specific returns policy information, you can find them here.
Special Holiday Returns
Amazon Prime products shipped between November 1 and December 31 of the current year are eligible for returns until January 31 of the following year.
Recommended eBay returns policy
Shipping types and explanations
For most of the products on Amazon, you will find at least one of these shipping options, the two days shipping, the same-day delivery, and the standard shipping.
FREE Two-Day Shipping
- Items sold by Amazon.com or Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA).
FREE Same-Day Delivery
- Items sold by Amazon.com or Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA).
- Eligible for shipments to specified zip codes
- Commercial addresses are not eligible.
FREE Standard Shipping
- FBA items that are regulated as hazardous materials.
- FBA items with special shipping characteristics such as Appliances, heavy furniture, or televisions that are 48″ or larger.
- Addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- P.O. Boxes in the continental U.S.
- APO/FPO addresses with U.S. ZIP codes
- FBA Items that marketplace sellers have not marked as Prime-eligible.
- Magazine subscriptions
- Personalized gift cards
- Any item that doesn’t have a message indicating that it’s eligible for Prime on its product page.
- Addresses in the U.S. territories, possessions, protectorates (other than Puerto Rico)
- International destinations
- Items with Scheduled Delivery
Recommended Amazon US Shipping Policy
How to find products to dropship from Amazon?
Amazon Best Sellers
Amazon ranks products based on multiple factors, including sales and reviews.
It is hard to beat the best seller algorithm of Amazon. Amazon maps the products and breaks them down by each category.
So this is the perfect place to start looking for products. Just go and browse multiple categories and take products from here.
The Amazon best sellers products already proved themselves to work, so go and open multiple best sellers categories and start picking products.
You can also grab products in bulk using AutoDS Helper by a click of a button.
Hot New Releases
Amazon brings you the hot best selling and new releases consistently so you can check this list daily to freshen up your store to keep up with new trends and stay ahead of the competition.
The Amazon hot new releases products are updated hourly. So always go and check this list.
Amazon Coupon products are a great way to find popular products with crazy discounts so that you can make high profits. Sometimes, the discounts can be anywhere between $0.5 to 50% off, which is fantastic for us as dropshippers.
Amazon Customer Support
The Amazon customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
You can reach out to them via phone using number: 1 (888) 280-4331
If you are an international dropshipper, you can use Skype; it’s cheap and reliable.
They do offer a callback service if the wait time is longer than expected.
You can also reach out to them by email. The response time there is between 24 up to 72 hours.
There is also another method that you can use, and this is the preferred method for most of the dropshippers. We are talking about Amazon’s Live Chat.
Below are the steps of how you can reach out to Amazon’s customer service representatives using the Live Chat system of Amazon.
- On the main page (must be logged in), scroll to the bottom of the page and, under the column labeled “Let Us Help You,” click on “Help.”
- On the next page, under the heading “Browse Help Topics,” select “Need More Help?”
- From the menu that appears on the right Click “Contact Us.”
- On the next page, select the general area of concern from the four topics offered “An Order I Placed,” “Devices,” “Digital Content and Services,” or “Prime or Something Else.”
- Click the drop-down bar under “Tell us more.”
- Click the “Chat” button to start an online conversation with a customer service representative.
Amazon accepts Credit and Debit cards; also, you can use Amazon gift cards, which is one of the best options for dropshippers. Amazon offers a few different offers for inhouse credit cards and finance options that you can apply for here.
- Including the PayPal Mastercards which gives you 1% cashback
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Amazon Gift Cards
As you can see, on Amazon, you can pay using multiple payment methods. It is the main reason why tons of drop shippers are using Amazon as one of their suppliers.
Dropshipping from Amazon using AutoDS
The AutoDS Finder is a feature that we created to save you time trying to find profitable products and doing market research. Instead, AutoDS Finder will ease your work routine by doing it for you!
Below are the steps of how you can use AutoDS Finder to find best selling products to dropship on eBay.
- Select AutoFinder
- Check to ensure you do not need to purchase more credits.
- ***Tip: If you are in the Mentorship Program, you get special offers on purchasing credits. Just ask your Mentor***
- Select Amazon as your source site.
- Decide which of the 4 options you will use to list your items.
- Items with 3 sales a month
- 1 credit each
- Items with 5 sales a month
- 2 credits each
- Items with 8 sales a month
- 4 credits each
- Products with a high chance of coupons
- 5 credits each
- Items with 3 sales a month
- Insert how many listings you want to list in each of the four options
- You can use more than one option at a time
- You can see how many credits your choices will cost before you upload.
- Click upload.
Finally, verify important information like breakeven, profits, policies, etc… Then choose how you will upload.
Using the “AutoDS Helper Tool.” You can extract all products from a specific page at once to help assist in speeding up the listing process by following the steps below.
Go to any category you want to drop ship products from or try to search using keywords on the supplier that you want to use.
Then, click to select the “AutoDS Helper Tool.” Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click “Extract”.
Now, go to AutoDS to the uploader and use the “Bulk Uploads” to upload the CSV file you extracted from the source, in this case, Amazon.
Set Amazon US as your Supplier. Make any necessary changes to breakeven, profits, templates, policies, etc… and upload or schedule as you prefer.
Now, you know exactly how you can become a drop shipper from Amazon. You have everything. Just go and explore.
Don’t forget to ask any questions you have about Amazon. We will be more than happy to help you.